Internship position title: Research intern
Duration: Four months (January – April)
Type: Full-time contract position (paid $18.40 per hour)
HEQCO is seeking skilled students or recent graduates to join its small and dynamic research team. We are looking forward to the opportunity to help you enhance and develop knowledge and skills that will be useful for your career success, as well as familiarize you with the current landscape of public policy research in higher education and with Ontario’s postsecondary sector.
Reporting to one of HEQCO’s executive directors, the research intern may be responsible for any or all of the following:
- conducting literature reviews, developing surveys and performing scans on policy development
- writing and preparing requests for proposals, briefings, reports, graphs, tables and presentations for senior researchers
- assisting in the analysis and evaluation of data using software such as STATA or SPSS
- organizing and/or participating in projects, workshops, conferences, etc.
As the research intern, you will be involved in a number of research activities. You will collaborate with senior HEQCO colleagues on research projects where you will be exposed to a variety of research methods in public policy. Your work will normally be guided by a HEQCO researcher who will assist in developing your skills and knowledge and provide guidance and advice during your internship.
- currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a graduate/post-graduate program
- organized, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- experience in applied research utilizing quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- relevant work, volunteer and/or extracurricular experience
- a demonstrated interest in the postsecondary sector, particularly in Ontario
Number of positions: TBD
Interested applicants are invited to submit both a cover letter and resume electronically by Monday November 10, 2014 11:59 pm EDT to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. Attach your cover letter and resume as one (1) PDF or Word document using the following naming format: 2015-winterintern-LastNameFirstName
All interviews will take place in person at the HEQCO office. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will be required to provide three (3) references for potential follow-up.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, please note that we will not confirm receipt of application packages by email. All applicants will be contacted by email once the position has been filled.